Over the past few weeks we have been posting tips to twitter on how to keep your home safe. You can see a list of the tips below. For more, please follow us on twitter, we are @AxisFireSecure.
- Don’t leave windows open when you are out or in another room
- Don’t leave valuables such as laptops within sight of windows
- Don’t leave tools etc outside your home or in the garden
- Run lights on timer switches when you are on holiday so the lights come on at night to make it appear someone’s home
- If your mail can be seen through a window in the door, ask someone to move this for you while you are on holiday so it looks like the property is occupied
- Lock away important documents like deeds, wills etc in a safe to avoid identity theft
- Don’t give too much away on social media, and make sure only trusted people can view what you’re saying.
- If you’re not taking your car on holiday, ask someone you trust to move it occasional to make your home look occupied.